Main page General Information States Cities Impressions Forum

How should we require a visa?

After the terrorist attack on 11th September, 2001, the Government of the USA significantly tightened the entrance into the United States. Our passport has to be valid for at least six months after the date of the visa, so if your passport is just about to expire, you shouldn’t go to the embassy. Personal appearance is also a compulsory, except if the visitor is older than 80. In this case, his or her application can be handed in by an authorized person. The case is the same for children under 13, their application for the visa can only be managed by the parents. It’s important to know, that the validity of the visa is not equal with the residence permit. One can only stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days with a tourist visa. For longer stay, one must go in the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Visa (Non Immigrant)

General information on the visa for non- immigrants
Plenty of people wish to visit the United States in summer, so you should hand in your visa application in time, well before the date of the journey.
What is a visa?
The visa is a document of the Embassy or Consulate of the United States. The visa is a permission to enter the United States. The officers of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly NIS) will decide the length of the stay on the spot of the entrance.

Who needs a visa?
The residents of most of the countries have to have a visa to travel to the United States. Those people who live in countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Program, do not need a visa. Those, who were born in the USA, or who are dual (American) citizens, have to have an American passport to enter of leave the country.

Who needs a non-immigrant visa?
Those people who only want to stay in the United States temporarily for tourism, business, labor or educational reasons, need a non-immigrant visa (NIV).
Visa in expired passports
Those people, who have a valid visa, do not need to renew it in case their Hungarian passport expires. The American visa gives you the right to enter the United States until its date of validity. When entering the United States, they have to show their valid passport and the expired one too, which has the valid visa in it.

<< vissza

usatravel.hu on Facebook
All rights reserved © Festino Kft - USA Travel - Going to America - theusatravel.net valid xhtml valid css2                DEVELOPED BY  mfdesign   
englishmagyar usatravel usatravel usatravel